Re: Can ping NSLU2 but cannot open Web page SOLVED

  • dystopianrebel
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2007
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M. Westerhof" <mwester@...> wrote:

      > > Is there something that I can do or would you recommend reflashing?
      >
      > Reflash.
      >
      > As a standard security precaution, you should *always* reflash devices
      > that you obtain used.

      I ran the fis command that we all know and love and then reflashed the
      firmware. After confirming that the Slug was working, I shut it down
      and yanked the limiting resistor. (Such hacking! Good thing that I
      didn't become a surgeon.) This Slug is working AND running at 266 MHz.

      The only minor annoyance is that one of the USB ports is a little bent
      (I suppose) and doesn't fully connect with just any USB cable.

      Thanks to all for the help and to Robin Laurén for teaching me the
      nmap command. I am not in Germany. Vielen Danke!