new harddrive

  • mutsgah
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
      I have just bought a nslu2 and installed Unslung 6.8. I have unsling
      to a flash drive. But I have deciedet to unsling to a usb hard drive
      instead. What is the easiest way to do that? I don't care about
      loosing data.
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
        The simplest way is to reflash to NSLU2 with a new copy of Unslung 6.8, and
        repeat the unsling procedure with the new hard drive.

        Make sure that you also repartition and reformat the flash drive back to an
        ordinary FAT format flash drive -- if you do not, and plug it into the NSLU2
        with the new hard drive, you may encounter unexpected behavior.

        Mike (mwester)

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8, 2007
          Can I use the web interface to do that?

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>
          wrote:

          > The simplest way is to reflash to NSLU2 with a new copy of Unslung
          6.8, and
          > repeat the unsling procedure with the new hard drive.
          >
          > Make sure that you also repartition and reformat the flash drive
          back to an
          > ordinary FAT format flash drive -- if you do not, and plug it into
          the NSLU2
          > with the new hard drive, you may encounter unexpected behavior.
          >
          > Mike (mwester)

        • Mike (mwester)
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 8, 2007

            http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/KnownProblems , bullet #5.