gpsd run at startup

  • nlinux
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2007
      I'm trying to make gpsd run when boot the system. I'm using Kamikaze
      7.07 and I can't figure out how to get it to run at startup. I have
      made a script using the guidelines in the howtos for openwrt and put
      in /etc/init.d/. the script is called gps and I have enabled it with
      a priority of 99. So it shows up as S99gps in /etc/rc.d/. If I do
      /etc/init.d/gps start after I'm logged in everything works great and
      the daemon starts, but when I reboot the daemon does not start. The
      script is getting executed though, because I have an echo command that
      updates a text file when it runs.

      gpsd is installed on a flash drive using ipkg, and I am using an
      absolute path in my script to make sure it can find it.

      Does anyone know any other way to make it run at boot or do you know
      why it won't run when I reboot?