Re: FAT drive on Disk 1 port appears twice (Unslung 6.8 beta)

  • seeocean_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2007
      Hi Mike,

      You are absolutely right. It is due to /etc/win_share.info not being
      clean at boot time. This is caused by myself doing a reboot in ssh
      session. When duplicate HDD_1_1_1 happens, /etc/win_share.info
      actually contain two identical lines for HDD_1_1_1. If I do it
      properly (i.e., use Restart Now in LinkSys GUI or even disconnect the
      USB connector before rebooting), the duplicate HDD_1_1_1 won't occur.

      By the way, when an unclean /etc/win_share.info file exists at boot
      time, the result is unpredictable. Sometime no HDD_1_1_1 is mounted
      (/var/log/messages shows disk error). I am 99% sure the problem of not
      being able to use ssh is related to the duplicate HDD_1_1_1/unclean
      win_share.info file problem.

      I added a line to remove /etc/win_share.info in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
      as you suggested. Everything seems to be doing fine now.

      Thanks.

      Seeocean

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > a) remove FAT drive
      > b) delete /etc/win_share.info
      > c) reboot
      >
      > See if that cures the duplicate HD_ entries problem. Note that
      Unslung 6.8