Compiling PECL packages with PHP-PEAR

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2007
      Recently I have been experimenting with the compilation of PECL PHP
      extensions using the PHP-PEAR PHP modules (note that the current Optware
      version seems to be slightly broken so installed directly from the pear
      web site).

      The pear modules can be used to install both pear programs (these are
      just standard php text files) and also to compile PECL PHP extensions,
      uses programs such as cpp and make etc to create program binaries.

      The PEAR and PECL web sites are :-

      http://pear.php.net
      http://pecl.php.net

      I seem to have this working but have noticed a warning message during
      compilation. The warning states that it is advisable to have package
      re2c version 0.9.11 or later available to the compiler for reasons that
      I am not too sure about. I think that this package is not currently
      available for the NSLU2.

      Is there any chance that a package developer to take a look at the re2c
      package and see what is needed to cross compile for the NSLU2 as an
      Optware package. The web site where the source code resides is :-

      http://re2c.org

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA