Re: J2ME cvm coming to slug

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2007
      Packages from the nslu2 feed are for the unslung firmware, which has
      entirely different libc and kernel, built from different toolchain.
      The openwrt-ixp4xx feed is not yet ready.

      You can either change the firmware to one which readily supports
      phoneme-advanced CVM, or build your own package for openwrt-ixp4xx.

      To build your own package for openwrt-ixp4xx

      1) get master Makefile from
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Development/MasterMakefile
      2) build openwrt toolchain
      3) follow http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware
      to check out the subversion repo
      4) cd optware
      make openwrt-ixp4xx-target
      cd openwrt-ixp4xx
      make directories ipkg-utils
      5) make phoneme-advanced-ipk

      The package builds fine, but since my slugs are all in use, I don't
      have a chance to flash the openwrt fw yet.

      -Brian Zhou