Re: Flash drive not mounted fast enough ?

  • Patrick Sansoucy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2007
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Sansoucy"
      <without_worries@...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > > What I am seeing is that I loose my users, ssh access and so on,
      > > > briefly, I loose everything that the unslinging brings plus the
      stuff
      > > > like additional shares/users/groups I created.
      > >
      > > As suspected, this is the symptom of unslinging to the incorrect
      > drive in a
      > > dual native drive setup on the device. The wiki describes this in the
      > > article on which USB port to choose.
      > >
      > > To confirm that your device is operating as Linksys intended, when
      > booted up
      > > with both devices plugged in, what is the output from the "mount"
      > command?
      > >
      > > What sequence did you follow when you originally unslung the device?
      > I.E.
      > > what port was which device plugged into, did you unsling to the
      > device in
      > > disk1 first, and did you have both devices plugged in when you did the
      > > unsling operation?
      > >
      > > Mike (mwester)
      >
      > Followed all the steps until step 3 of the readme
      > hooked up the flash drive (it's a 2gig stick) to port 1
      > formatted using the linksys interface
      > unslinged to disk 1
      > validated that everything was kosher.
      >
      > Once the unslinging was done and had installed my packages and tweaks
      > for the flash.
      > Hooked up my HDD to port 2, formatted it with the linksys interface
      >
      > The thing is that the problem occurs sporadically, sometimes, things
      > are ok, sometimes, they are not.
      >
      > Patrick S.

      What is the output from the "mount" command?

      [root@WHITECLAW-NSLU ~]$ mount
      rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
      /dev/root on /initrd type jffs2 (rw)
      /dev/sdb1 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime)
      /proc on /proc type proc (rw)
      usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
      /dev/sdb1 on /share/hdd/data type ext3 (rw,noatime)
      /dev/sda1 on /share/flash/data type ext3 (rw)
      /dev/sda2 on /share/flash/conf type ext3 (rw,sync)
      /dev/sda2 on /share/hdd/conf type ext3 (rw,sync)

      What sequence did you follow when you originally unslung the device?
      Same as readme file with the Unslung distro

      What port was which device plugged into ? Port 1
      Did you unsling to the device in disk1 first? Yes

      And did you have both devices plugged in when you did the unsling
      operation? No

      There you go, the rest of the info requested, what did I do wrong ?!?
      Thanks for the help ...
      Patrick S.