Re: Segmentation fault

  • sun_liyu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "cahaag" <cahaag@...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation fault
      > > when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.
      > >

      > Hi,
      >
      > have you enabled a swap space ?
      > I have encountered several problems with aborting programs due to a
      > memory shortage.

      Thanks for youre reply.
      I'm runing OpenSlug from flash stick. I inited it with turnup memstick
      command. I think there is no swap space. The memory info is next with
      top command when I copied files.
      Mem: 28992K used, 1308K free, 0K shrd, 7152K buff, 6256K cached
      I opened the case and let it is running 'naked' today. I is working
      pretty good when I copy files to it. May it cuased by over heat? It is
      hot in here, room temperature is 30C.
    • cahaag
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@...> wrote:

        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "cahaag" <cahaag@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation
        fault
        > > > when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.
        > > >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > have you enabled a swap space ?
        > > I have encountered several problems with aborting programs due to a
        > > memory shortage.
        > >
        > Thanks for youre reply.
        > I'm runing OpenSlug from flash stick. I inited it with turnup memstick
        > command. I think there is no swap space. The memory info is next with
        > top command when I copied files.
        > Mem: 28992K used, 1308K free, 0K shrd, 7152K buff, 6256K cached
        > I opened the case and let it is running 'naked' today. I is working
        > pretty good when I copy files to it. May it cuased by over heat? It is
        > hot in here, room temperature is 30C.

        Hi,

        nice to hear that your SLUG is running fine when the case is open.
        Looks indeed like a temperature problem.
        Nevertheless I would recommend to enable a swap space for your system,
        which is not the case yet.