Re: Segmentation fault

  • cahaag
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@...> wrote:

      > I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation fault
      > when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.

      Hi,

      have you enabled a swap space ?
      I have encountered several problems with aborting programs due to a
      memory shortage.
    • sun_liyu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "cahaag" <cahaag@...> wrote:

        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation fault
        > > when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.
        > >

        > Hi,
        >
        > have you enabled a swap space ?
        > I have encountered several problems with aborting programs due to a
        > memory shortage.

        Thanks for youre reply.
        I'm runing OpenSlug from flash stick. I inited it with turnup memstick
        command. I think there is no swap space. The memory info is next with
        top command when I copied files.
        Mem: 28992K used, 1308K free, 0K shrd, 7152K buff, 6256K cached
        I opened the case and let it is running 'naked' today. I is working
        pretty good when I copy files to it. May it cuased by over heat? It is
        hot in here, room temperature is 30C.
      • cahaag
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@...> wrote:

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "cahaag" <cahaag@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation
          fault
          > > > when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.
          > > >

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > have you enabled a swap space ?
          > > I have encountered several problems with aborting programs due to a
          > > memory shortage.
          > >
          > Thanks for youre reply.
          > I'm runing OpenSlug from flash stick. I inited it with turnup memstick
          > command. I think there is no swap space. The memory info is next with
          > top command when I copied files.
          > Mem: 28992K used, 1308K free, 0K shrd, 7152K buff, 6256K cached
          > I opened the case and let it is running 'naked' today. I is working
          > pretty good when I copy files to it. May it cuased by over heat? It is
          > hot in here, room temperature is 30C.

          Hi,

          nice to hear that your SLUG is running fine when the case is open.
          Looks indeed like a temperature problem.
          Nevertheless I would recommend to enable a swap space for your system,
          which is not the case yet.