Segmentation fault

  • sun_liyu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
      I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation fault
      when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.
    • cahaag
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@...> wrote:

        > I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation fault
        > when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.

        Hi,

        have you enabled a swap space ?
        I have encountered several problems with aborting programs due to a
        memory shortage.
      • sun_liyu
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "cahaag" <cahaag@...> wrote:

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation fault
          > > when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.
          > >

          > Hi,
          >
          > have you enabled a swap space ?
          > I have encountered several problems with aborting programs due to a
          > memory shortage.

          Thanks for youre reply.
          I'm runing OpenSlug from flash stick. I inited it with turnup memstick
          command. I think there is no swap space. The memory info is next with
          top command when I copied files.
          Mem: 28992K used, 1308K free, 0K shrd, 7152K buff, 6256K cached
          I opened the case and let it is running 'naked' today. I is working
          pretty good when I copy files to it. May it cuased by over heat? It is
          hot in here, room temperature is 30C.
        • cahaag
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@...> wrote:

            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "cahaag" <cahaag@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sun_liyu" <sun_liyu@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I installed OpenSlug3.10 beta on flash disk. I got Segmentation
            fault
            > > > when I tranfered some files to disk. Who know the reason? Thanks.
            > > >

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > have you enabled a swap space ?
            > > I have encountered several problems with aborting programs due to a
            > > memory shortage.
            > >
            > Thanks for youre reply.
            > I'm runing OpenSlug from flash stick. I inited it with turnup memstick
            > command. I think there is no swap space. The memory info is next with
            > top command when I copied files.
            > Mem: 28992K used, 1308K free, 0K shrd, 7152K buff, 6256K cached
            > I opened the case and let it is running 'naked' today. I is working
            > pretty good when I copy files to it. May it cuased by over heat? It is
            > hot in here, room temperature is 30C.

            Hi,

            nice to hear that your SLUG is running fine when the case is open.
            Looks indeed like a temperature problem.
            Nevertheless I would recommend to enable a swap space for your system,
            which is not the case yet.