Add Printer function

  • Al_ferdy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2007
      I've successfully swiryced to Unslung and I'm now attempting to set up
      a printer server function for my HP deskjet 5150, which I thinks
      should be OK. However after using the IPPKG function and installing
      cups and Cups.doc as described in the NSLU1-Linux "Addprinter" guide.

      1. ipkg update
      2. ipkg install cups
      3. ipkg install cups-doc

      I'm stuck!
      A). I cannot edit the printers as described in the post installation
      section
      B). I cannot start cups
      C). I cannot acces cups from my browser (NSLU2 Ip address:631)

      It reports permission denied when i try anything and when I try to
      copy the Cups start up file it say there is no such file.
      Any suggestions??
    • jonneymendoza
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2007
        Al_ferdy wrote:

        > I've successfully swiryced to Unslung and I'm now attempting to set up
        > a printer server function for my HP deskjet 5150, which I thinks
        > should be OK. However after using the IPPKG function and installing
        > cups and Cups.doc as described in the NSLU1-Linux "Addprinter" guide.
        >
        > 1. ipkg update
        > 2. ipkg install cups
        > 3. ipkg install cups-doc
        >

        > I'm stuck!
        > A). I cannot edit the printers as described in the post installation
        > section
        > B). I cannot start cups
        > C). I cannot acces cups from my browser (NSLU2 Ip address:631)
        >
        > It reports permission denied when i try anything and when I try to
        > copy the Cups start up file it say there is no such file.
        > Any suggestions??

        im having exactly the same problem has you so if anyone cane come by and
        help us out we will be much appreciated.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2007
          Hi can anybody please help us with this problem?