new member

  • David Mitchell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2004
      Hi there, im a new member, been lurking for a few
      days, but been planning to pick up the NSLU2 for
      several weeks now. Just got my two external drives set
      up in the meantime with usb 2 cases, ordered the NSLU
      from an amazon dealer ($78.46 express shipped from of
      the "new & used" dealers linked from the product
      page)..

      The mirroring request sounds like something I'd really
      like to have, I was going to just schedule daily
      backups of two partitions on one drive to the other,
      for my music and image archives, but mirroring sounds
      even better for my purposes.

      Is the backup a full deal, or does it just copy things
      that changed? I can imagine copying 100 gigs from one
      USB drive to another might take a while!

      Looking forward to messing with it, im not much of a
      hacker, but im fairly unix-savvy, so i'll be able to
      do more poking around but doubt if I can contribute
      much.

      One thing i'd like to see is the creation of a archive
      for pre-built binaries, any volunteers?

      yours,
      David Mitchell

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail