Re: stuck at installing debian....

  • Phil Endecott
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2007
      Mayuresh Rajwadkar wrote:
      > I flashed the http://cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/files/sda1-2.6.18.dfsg.1-12.bin file using the
      > upgrade mode hoping that the slug would come up.. but in vain...

      You're still using your known-bad flash stick, right?

      > # nmap -p 22 172.16.59.5

      Why that IP address? Could it be running on a different address? (Is
      this DHCP?)

      I suggest that you run Wireshark while it starts and see if there are
      any clues, e.g. a DHCP request/response.

      > pulled out the USB disk and attached it to my x86 linuxbox to see what
      > is in /var/log/....

      > Only the dmesg file is written to during the bootup...

      > the ethernet does seem to come up right but no services are starting...

      Add a serial port and see what comes out on the console.

      Phil.