lighttpd and large files

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      I'm running a deunderclocked unslung slug here. Been following the
      recent webserver discussions and I installed lighttpd the other day to
      run a photo gallery.

      It seems there's a moderately well-known problem with lighttpd,
      probably only affecting slugs, that prevents it correctly serving
      files larger than 512KB. I couldn't find it mentioned on this list so
      I'm mentioning it here to save other people the time I spent finding
      out what the heck was going wrong.

      lighttpd comes with several network backends for performing the actual
      file transfers. The default backend used by the current slug build
      cuts files off at 512KB. To fix this you need to include the line:

      server.network-backend = "write"

      in your lighttpd.conf file.

      This backend is relatively low-performance but at least it works
      correctly.

      Regards

      Jon