Re: Apache install error

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1 11:07 AM
      The apache's new dependency on e2fsprogs is caused by:

      r5750 | bzhou | 2007-03-07 17:15:15 -0800 (Wed, 07 Mar 2007) | 1 line
      e2fsprogs: 1.38 -> 1.39; static lib -> shared lib

      When apache was rebuilt recently, it detects the existence of
      staging/opt/lib/libuuid.so.1 and builds with the assumption there is
      going to be a libuuid.so on the target system. Apache does not provide
      a way to turn off or turn static for libuuid, so this has to be a
      dependency for now. Ideally we should split e2fsprogs in two:
      e2fsprogs & libuuid, and apache only depends on libuuid - I'll try to
      do that when I find some time.

      On my unslung slug, /opt/bin/find is part of findutils. I don't think
      that problem has anything to do with the apache change.

      -Brian Zhou

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "tenere600_99"
      <Christian.Renninger@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > guess it's deleted after the install.
      >
      > Thanks
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > This should be an easily solved problem, with a bit of digging.
      > >
      > > First, let me mention that the feeds get updated regularly,
      > sometimes
      > > because the "upstream" source code was updated, sometimes just
      > because
      > > someone asked that a new feature be enabled in a package, or that a
      > bug be
      > > addressed in a package. So it seems quite reasonable that Apache
      > may have
      > > changed. Normally, however, each package lists its dependencies on
      > other
      > > software, so that when you did the "ipkg install apache", the ipkg
      > utility
      > > should have checked to see that you had all the dependencies, and
      > if you
      > > were missing any, it should have fetched those and installed those
      > as well.
      > > So clearly there's a problem with the new package -- it lacks a
      > dependency.
      > > There's another possibility, which is that the missing package
      > isn't really
      > > missing -- it's present but just too old, and needs to be updated.
      > >
      > > In any case, in order to troubleshoot this, you first need to find
      > out what
      > > package it is that seems to be the problem. That's easy -- you
      > just need
      > > to find it (we've got the missing libary name: libuuid.so.1). Go
      > to the
      > > package search engine (the link is on the home page for
      > > www.nslu2-linux.org), and search for the missing item. You can try
      > the full
      > > name of the missing item (libuuid.so.1), or just search for
      > libuuid. You'll
      > > come up blank unless you try searching on "File in package" -- that
      > query
      > > will list a whole page of info, listing all the feeds that contain
      > that
      > > file. The important item, though, is the middle column -- that's
      > telling
      > > you that the package that contains the missing file is "e2fsprogs".
      > >
      > > Mystery solved - apparently the new Apache package is missing the
      > dependency
      > > information that tells ipkg that it should also fetch "e2fsprogs".
      > Just do
      > > that manually (ipkg install e2fsprogs), then try to install Apache
      > once
      > > more. If it tells you that you already have e2fsprogs installed,
      > then
      > > perhaps it needs to be updated: try "ipkg upgrade e2fsprogs".
      > >
      > > Or, an alternate approach, would be to search the mailing list
      > archives.
      > > Someone had the same problem with the lighttpd web server package

    • tenere600_99
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1 11:15 AM
        Thanks,
        I really don't know what was going on with find but I tried 3 times
        with the Apache from May 28 and I had troubles with it.

        I just redid the whole process but now using the latest apache and
        it works fine now.

        So using the 2.4.4-3 seems fine