Re: Apache install error

  • tenere600_99
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
      BTW, I installed that package and now apache works but other stuff
      got broken, like mentioned earlier the "find" command is not found
      anymore.

      Where can I find the older version of the package ?
      My co-worker couldn't find the ipk files on their slug anywhere, I
      guess it's deleted after the install.

      Thanks

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > This should be an easily solved problem, with a bit of digging.
      >
      > First, let me mention that the feeds get updated regularly,
      sometimes
      > because the "upstream" source code was updated, sometimes just
      because
      > someone asked that a new feature be enabled in a package, or that a
      bug be
      > addressed in a package. So it seems quite reasonable that Apache
      may have
      > changed. Normally, however, each package lists its dependencies on
      other
      > software, so that when you did the "ipkg install apache", the ipkg
      utility
      > should have checked to see that you had all the dependencies, and
      if you
      > were missing any, it should have fetched those and installed those
      as well.
      > So clearly there's a problem with the new package -- it lacks a
      dependency.
      > There's another possibility, which is that the missing package
      isn't really
      > missing -- it's present but just too old, and needs to be updated.
      >
      > In any case, in order to troubleshoot this, you first need to find
      out what
      > package it is that seems to be the problem. That's easy -- you
      just need
      > to find it (we've got the missing libary name: libuuid.so.1). Go
      to the
      > package search engine (the link is on the home page for
      > www.nslu2-linux.org), and search for the missing item. You can try
      the full
      > name of the missing item (libuuid.so.1), or just search for
      libuuid. You'll
      > come up blank unless you try searching on "File in package" -- that
      query
      > will list a whole page of info, listing all the feeds that contain
      that
      > file. The important item, though, is the middle column -- that's
      telling
      > you that the package that contains the missing file is "e2fsprogs".
      >
      > Mystery solved - apparently the new Apache package is missing the
      dependency
      > information that tells ipkg that it should also fetch "e2fsprogs".
      Just do
      > that manually (ipkg install e2fsprogs), then try to install Apache
      once
      > more. If it tells you that you already have e2fsprogs installed,
      then
      > perhaps it needs to be updated: try "ipkg upgrade e2fsprogs".
      >
      > Or, an alternate approach, would be to search the mailing list
      archives.
      > Someone had the same problem with the lighttpd web server package
      not more
      > than a few days ago. :-)
      >
      > Mike (mwester)

    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
        The apache's new dependency on e2fsprogs is caused by:

        r5750 | bzhou | 2007-03-07 17:15:15 -0800 (Wed, 07 Mar 2007) | 1 line
        e2fsprogs: 1.38 -> 1.39; static lib -> shared lib

        When apache was rebuilt recently, it detects the existence of
        staging/opt/lib/libuuid.so.1 and builds with the assumption there is
        going to be a libuuid.so on the target system. Apache does not provide
        a way to turn off or turn static for libuuid, so this has to be a
        dependency for now. Ideally we should split e2fsprogs in two:
        e2fsprogs & libuuid, and apache only depends on libuuid - I'll try to
        do that when I find some time.

        On my unslung slug, /opt/bin/find is part of findutils. I don't think
        that problem has anything to do with the apache change.

        -Brian Zhou

        <Christian.Renninger@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > that
        > > file. The important item, though, is the middle column -- that's
        > telling
        > > you that the package that contains the missing file is "e2fsprogs".
        > >
        > > Mystery solved - apparently the new Apache package is missing the
        > dependency
        > > information that tells ipkg that it should also fetch "e2fsprogs".
        > Just do
        > > that manually (ipkg install e2fsprogs), then try to install Apache
        > once
        > > more. If it tells you that you already have e2fsprogs installed,
        > then
        > > perhaps it needs to be updated: try "ipkg upgrade e2fsprogs".
        > >
        > > Or, an alternate approach, would be to search the mailing list
        > archives.
        > > Someone had the same problem with the lighttpd web server package

      • tenere600_99
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
          Thanks,
          I really don't know what was going on with find but I tried 3 times
          with the Apache from May 28 and I had troubles with it.

          I just redid the whole process but now using the latest apache and
          it works fine now.

          So using the 2.4.4-3 seems fine