Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Enhanced-CTorrent, CTCS and the recent update

  • Lars Jensen
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi All,

      I've been using ehanced-ctorrent and found it to work pretty well on my nslu2, however there's one annoying bug, the -U option doesn't seem to work, giving me an "Illegal Instruction" error when I try to use it.  Without this, I can't limit my upstream bandwidth, and using enhanced-ctorrent really slows down my Internet connection.

      The version I am running is from the package enhanced-ctorrent_dnh3-8_arm.ipk, from here: http://ipkgfind.nslu2-linux.org/details.php?package=enhanced-ctorrent&id=8486666&official=

      Am I using the latest version?  Or can anyone suggest a version that doesn't have this bug?

      Cheers,
      Larz

      On 5/26/07, jl0242 < japher@...> wrote:

      I don't know if this will help diagnose anything, but ctcs certainly
      seems to be logging far more than it used to. See
      http://pastebin.ca/511347 for my ctcs log, there seems to be a lot to
      investigate in there.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Fernando Carolo" <carolo@...> wrote:

      > Gabriel,
      >
      > sorry for the delay, I was not able to check this during the last few
      > days. I'll take a look into it tonight and look for something that
      > could be specific to the arm build. Meanwhile, since this problem is
      > only related to the presentation of the rates, I won't roll back to
      > the previous version yet.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > --
      > Fernando Carolo
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Gabriel Sch√łnau Hansen
      > <gabriel@> wrote:
      > >
      > > TBH, the new version is just as reliable, its just a flaky
      > > rate-representation teasing the ARM-build, i think! I have
      downloaded 10
      > > torrents (still seeding 4) in the time since update, with no errors!
      > >
      > > Really, this is up to the ARM/Unslung-maintainer, Fernando Carolo!
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Gabriel

    • LrdShaper
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
        LrdShaper wrote:

        > this didnt work, my slug is always downloading from the repository even if
        > i specify the the complete path where i placed the .ipk so i edited the
        > file /usr/lib/ipkg/lists/cross and change the ipk file in there to
        > enhanced-ctorrent_dnh2.2-6_armeb.ipk. successfully installed, will test if
        > its back to normal and reply back here. thanks

        just got back home yesterday from a series of deployment and would just like
        to report that the problem was fixed when i switched back to dnh2.2-6. i saw
        that there is again a newer version but i think i'll stick with dnh2.2-6 for
        the time being. thanks a lot