Re: WD MyBook 500GB Spindown

  • mypgmonkey
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30 3:39 PM
      > Yes but not on Unslung because its kernel doesn't have the
      appropriate
      > features enabled (I'm sure you read that already on the wiki).
      >
      > Your best bet is probably to
      >
      > - Temporarily re-enable "atime".
      > - Let it run for a bit.
      > - Umount it, and re-mount it read-only.
      > - find / -atime -1 -ls (or something like that)
      >

      > Phil.

      Thanks for the reply Phil,

      Just tried your suggestion. Left the drive running for about 6
      hours - atime enabled, drive spinning all the time and an 'access
      click' every couple of seconds (regular)

      unmounted, remounted read only and did the -atime file search.
      nothing accessed on the hdd.

      Any other thoughts? are there any other logs I can post which might
      point anyone in the direction of my problem?

      Cheers,

      Graham...