Problem installation - LUA

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30 1:48 PM
      Hi Im trying get lua 5.0.3 on my slug, openslug.
      This worked for some months ago but I got a hd crash and must
      reinstall everyting, now make fails:

      make[1]: Entering directory `/root/lua/lua-5.0.3/src'
      ar ../lib/liblua.a lapi.o lcode.o ldebug.o ldo.o ldump.o lfunc.o
      lgc.o llex.o lmem.o lobject.o lopcodes.o lparser.o lstate.o lstring.o
      ltable.o ltests.o ltm.o lundump.o lvm.o lzio.o
      BusyBox v1.01 (2006.06.09-14:27+0000) multi-call binary

      Usage: ar [-o] [-v] [-p] [-t] [-x] ARCHIVE FILES

      Extract or list FILES from an ar archive.

      -o preserve original dates
      -p extract to stdout
      -t list
      -x extract
      -v verbosely list files processed

      make[1]: *** [../lib/liblua.a] Error 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/lua/lua-5.0.3/src'
      make: *** [all] Error 2
      root@oldslug:~/lua/lua-5.0.3#

      For me it looks like busybox-ar lacks some options -r -c -u
      contains only as above o,p,t,x,y.

      In lua config file it says:

      "# This should work in all Unix systems.
      #
      AR= ar rcu

      # If your system doesn't have (or need) ranlib, use RANLIB=true.
      # On some systems, "ar s" does what ranlib would do.
      #
      RANLIB= ranlib
      #RANLIB= ar s
      #RANLIB= true"

      I know there is LUA in package but that dont works with the app Im
      trying to instal with LUA for some for me unknown reason.
      So, is it possible fix this problem?

      Thanks in advance
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30 2:00 PM
        > For me it looks like busybox-ar lacks some options -r -c -u
        > contains only as above o,p,t,x,y.

        Yes, a common issue with busybox version of commands -- the busybox version
        is designed for small size, and often lacks features that the full version
        of the command would provide. You need to install the ipkg that offers the
        full ar utility.

        I seem to recall that there was a problem with one of the optware packages
        at one time where /opt/bin/ar was not created, or was the wrong link.
        Here's what's working on my Unslung system:

        # ls -la /opt/bin/ar
        lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Feb 24 13:08 /opt/bin/ar ->
        /opt/armeb/bin/armv5b-softfloat-linux-ar

        Mike (mwester)
      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30 3:11 PM
          thanks for fast reply

          You need to install the ipkg that offers the
          > full ar utility.

          Ok is it 0.99.163-r3 ?
          I got ipkg version 0.99.154
          but it says its dependent of newr gc11 which is on machine.

          Is 0.99.163-r3 wrong veriosn?
        • neil_homan
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
            This should work
            (Was looking myself when i came across your post.)

            cd /usr/bin
            rm ar
            ln -s armeb-linux-ar ar

            -Neil