How to force lighttpd to use the 8082 port

  • crombeenhans
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2007
      I have lighttpd on port 8082 right now. I'm still in the process of
      learning how to use the webserver, so I do a lot in the conf file.
      After
      I've made changes I restart lighttpd with this command:

      lighttpd -f /opt/etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf restart

      The server won't restart and gives the following errormessage:

      (network.c.300) can't bind to port: 8082 Address already in use.

      In my router I have forwarded port 8082 to the internal Ip adresss (ie
      192.168.1.39). Resetting the router doesn't help. Only changing the
      port adress in the .conf file. But I can't keep doing that. Is there a
      way to force lighttpd to use port 8082?
    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
        In message <f3kehl+d8na@...>, crombeenhans
        <muppets4@...> writes
        >I have lighttpd on port 8082 right now. I'm still in the process of
        >learning how to use the webserver, so I do a lot in the conf file.
        >After
        >I've made changes I restart lighttpd with this command:
        >
        >lighttpd -f /opt/etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf restart
        >
        >The server won't restart and gives the following errormessage:
        >
        >(network.c.300) can't bind to port: 8082 Address already in use.
        >
        >In my router I have forwarded port 8082 to the internal Ip adresss (ie
        >192.168.1.39). Resetting the router doesn't help. Only changing the
        >port adress in the .conf file. But I can't keep doing that. Is there a
        >way to force lighttpd to use port 8082?

        I think that you should be using

        /opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd restart

        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
          Hi Robert,

          Thanks for looking into my problem again. It is solved! With a ps aux
          I check other instances running and kill them with kill -9. Works a
          charm, lighttpd installed as you suggested. Works great now!

          Thanks again.

          Hans

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@...>