Announcement: OpenWRT ready for alpha testing on NSLU2 and NAS100d

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2007
      For a while we have been saying that we expect OpenWRT to be the
      replacement for the hard-to-maintain UcSlugC distro. That time is now
      coming closer.

      We now have initial NSLU2 support in OpenWRT kamikaze pre1.

      See http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenWRT/HomePage for details of how
      to build an image and test it.

      I have tested both the pre1 image and the latest image on the NSLU2 and
      also on an IOMega NAS100d.

      We intend to put forward OpenWRT as the distro of choice for those that
      want to install all packages on the internal flash of the NSLU2, and
      have no external storage at all. Once it has passed alpha testing, we
      will put a beta image up on www.slug-firmare.net for download.

      There are currently 680+ packages available for OpenWRT on the NSLU2 in

      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openwrt/

      You may also be able to install optware packages (the ddwrt feed) on
      OpenWRT/NSLU2, but we haven't tested that yet.

      Whilst this is still in an alpha-testing phase, please ask any questions
      and report any bugs here in nslu2-linux. Once it becomes stable, and an
      official OpenWRT release goes out which includes NSLU2 support, then we
      will move that support to the OpenWRT mailing lists for questions that
      are not specific to the NSLU2.