Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Add A Printer - Openssl

  • Frank Reijn
    Message 1 of 8 , May 28, 2007
      Hi Martain,

      Have only changed the name into x5250 ?  or tried to setup the driver ?

      You can change the name to match your own printer but do not change anything else in the cups settings. Changing the name is as it say, only changing the name and even not nessesary !

      Hope this helps,

      If you follow the steps from the wiki it MUST work :-)

      uk_martian <registered@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      Yes I am printing from a Windows machine. I have now added the printer
      with the make and model set to local raw printer and the device URI
      set to: http://192.168. 1.77:631/ printers/ x5250

      When I try to add the printer however, and it is started in CUPS,
      windows says that it is either typed wrong or that the printer must
      have lost its connection to the server.

      Have I done something wrong?

      Many thanks for your help.

      --- In nslu2-linux@ yahoogroups. com, Frank Reijn <fnijer@...> wrote:

      > Hi Martain,
      >
      > Are you printing from a windows machine ?
      > You can use the driver from the windows box printing in raw mode...
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Frank
      >
      > uk_martian <registered@ ...> wrote: Hi,
      >
      > Thanks for that it worked as soon as I used the full path to it.
      > Unfortunately I have now found (from:
      > http://gentoo- wiki.com/ HOWTO_Lexmark_ Printers) that my printer is not
      > compatible with Linux so I don't think I'm going to be able to get it
      > working. It is a Lexmark X5250.
      >
      > Thanks for your help.
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@ yahoogroups. com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@ >
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > In message <f3bilm+ujmq@ >, uk_martian
      > > <registered@ > writes
      > > >Hi,
      > > >
      > > >I am using Unslung.
      > > >I installed cups by running: ipkg install cups
      > > >I installed openssl by running: ipkg install openssl
      > > >
      > > >Its openssl 0.9.7m-1 that has been installed.
      > > >That install itself seems to be ok, if I try to install it again
      then
      > > >is says the package openssl installed in root is up to date.
      > > >
      > > >Do I have to tell the system that it needs to run openssl, or should
      > > >the command just work straight from install?
      > > >
      > > >Thanks for your help
      > > >
      > > It should run from the command line. Perhaps it's a path
      issue. Try
      > > typing at a console prompt :-
      > >
      > > openssl version
      > >
      > > If this fails then try typing the full path :-
      > >
      > > /opt/bin/openssl version
      > > --
      > > Robert Hammond
      > > PGP:0x154144DA