Re: {Spam?} [nslu2-linux] NFS on unslung

  • David Boyce
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2007
      At 06:29 AM 5/27/2007, Anders Damm wrote:
      >Can you post the output from "showmount slug" or similar command on solaris?
      >It may help to understand whats going on...

      Thanks for all the suggestions; this one pointed to the eventual
      answer. Showmount returned the IP address of the NFS client rather
      than its name, which felt wrong so I looked into it and it turned out
      there was some sort of a reverse-lookup failure which was caused by
      my /etc/hosts file getting overwritten at each boot. Which is a
      symptom I'd read about and followed the recommended steps to deal
      with but somehow it wasn't working correctly. Anyway, by forcing a
      fix into both /etc/hosts and into its cached location I was able to
      make the change sticky and NFS now works. There is still a lot I
      don't understand about the funky mounting model and the rules for
      startup and diversion scripts and so on but I will save those for
      another thread as needed.

      Thanks!
      David Boyce