Re: [nslu2-linux] Lone Programmer Writes 352 Webcam Drivers For Linux

  • Drew Gibson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2007
      Yes, it's one driver... but that does not detract from Michel Xhaard's skill, knowledge or effort.
      I've used his drivers on several webcams (on x86 systems) over the past two or three years and found them to be very useful and stable (unlike others I have tried). It may well be worth contacting him if you have trouble compiling the drivers for Slugs.

      regards,

      Drew

      Pierre-Luc Bacon wrote:
      I think that it's just misinterpretation. I'm pretty sure that the guy didn't wrote 352 different drivers... He probably just made one that works for all those webcams. Nothing new or useful for nslu2-linux.

      2007/5/1, M. Vamvakaris <mvamv@...>:

      May it help NSLU2 webcam drivers?

      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2007
        Drew Gibson wrote:
        > Yes, it's one driver... but that does not detract from Michel Xhaard's
        > skill, knowledge or effort.
        > I've used his drivers on several webcams (on x86 systems) over the past
        > two or three years and found them to be very useful and stable (unlike
        > others I have tried). It may well be worth contacting him if you have
        > trouble compiling the drivers for Slugs.
        >
        > regards,
        >
        > Drew
        >
        > Pierre-Luc Bacon wrote:
        >> I think that it's just misinterpretation. I'm pretty sure that the guy
        >> didn't wrote 352 different drivers... He probably just made one that
        >> works for all those webcams. Nothing new or useful for nslu2-linux.

        We already have gspcav1 packaged in SlugOS.

        -- Rod
      • Drew Gibson
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2007

          Pierre-Luc Bacon wrote:

          I think that it's just misinterpretation. I'm pretty sure that the guy
          didn't wrote 352 different drivers... He probably just made one that
          works for all those webcams. Nothing new or useful for nslu2-linux.

          We already have gspcav1 packaged in SlugOS.

          -- Rod

          Great! I'm just finishing off Asterisk on my slug, webcam was the next project! Though I might need a second slug

          regards,

          Drew