Forwarded message (was Quickguide (LaTeX) pdf proposition + some code)

  • educacio2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2007
      Hi,

      Recently, I buyed a nslu2. I hearded that (more customizable) Linux
      could be put
      in this box. So I saw the nslu2-linux.org webpage for how to do it

      I think you have more work but perhaps this work is a little bit
      dispersed and a little bit technical. As a "desktop user", I would
      like a reformulation of this knowledge. For example I did not know
      what firmware install and what are the differences among that (it's
      not easy)

      For these reasons I start a quick guide in LaTeX for the following
      purposes:

      - Have a pdf document that describe the main differences among firmwares
      - That this document are short (typical 5 A4 pages)
      - Only have objective information and put always references
      - It could be serve for choose among the firmwares

      I put this document in [1] and [2] . This is a temporal location. I
      want to
      remove it in a two weeks. I tried to upload in the nslu2-linux wiki
      but I have
      not permisions. Can anyone do it?

      Please, feel free to make changes in the document. The code is in
      LaTeX language.

      The idea I have is to put the source code (.tex) in the wiki and that
      anyone who
      wants, could modify it.

      Thank you very much,
      with my best efforts