Re: Unslung to flash wired to additional USB port - weird issues - help!

  • Alessandro M. Ruffell
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 23, 2007
      Hi Jelle,

      please tell me what commands I need to run once I am telnetted and
      logged as root. My *nix knowledge is really limited....

      So... if I hook up my flash to the other USB port will it still be
      under Port 1 as my current hook-up? I am tempted to disconnect the
      flash from the current port to try the other and see if I still have
      the issue of booting without my external HDD powered up otherwise it
      unslings to the internal flash...

      the document I followed to wire things up to the internal ports is:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/EnableExtraUSBPorts

      thanks,
      Alex

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jelle Alten <jpalten@...> wrote:

      > Not that this will help you, but a minor correction:
      >
      > The 5 ports are not 2 under one port and 3 under the other, but
      split in two
      > parts: fast and slow ports, with 5 fast ports on one bus, 3 slow
      ports on
      > another and 2 slow ports on a third bus.
      >
      > If you are curious, check
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/USBSlotsAndBuses
      > If you have more information on how the Œinternal¹ usb ports are
      wired on
      > these buses, please let me know.
      >
      > I¹m quite curious to find out the contents of
      your /proc/bus/usb/devices