Newsgroups on Slug (was: Anyone using NZ(B)get?)

  • Gabriel Schønau Hansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2007

      Hi folks

      I’ve been experimenting some more with nzbget. It seems, nzbget is not able to decode more than app. 90 KB/s. Furthermore, if nzbget downloads faster than this, it will just spawn additional decode-threads for the new file-parts being downloading, thus very quickly saturating the slug with memory-eating, cpu-pounding decoding-threads. IMHO, This renders the slug unusable for newsgroup-downloads faster than 90 KB/s using NZBget!

      I’ve tried installing nget from the packages, but it is VERY difficult/complicated to use for downloads, and needs a patch to handle NZB files. Also, I haven’t found a proper manual/how-to on nget yet, so i guess i will be decoding the man-pages for a while, unless someone out there can point me to some easier readings!

      Who is/has been maintaining these two newsgroup-apps releases?

      Anyone else having success with newsgroup-downloads using the slug?

      TIA,

      Gabriel