Re: Fsck errors unslung 6.8beta with WD 320GB MyBook Essentials

  • pvniftrik
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2007
      Hi

      I have had very similar issues with a Toshiba 500GB drive. However I
      found that with time the drive performance was getting worse, i.e. I
      got more and more often disk errors when writing to it (slug was
      hanging), after which I ran fsck and always got errors as similar as
      the below ones.

      I was so tired of this that recently I changed to an (older) 250GB
      drive, and so far this has been running smoothly (for more than a
      week now).

      Anyway, I too would be interested in hearing anybody who has had
      similar experiences and found out why this was happening.

      Patrick