Revmove multiple shares

  • unwahooo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2007
      I have installed Unslung 6.8 beta successfully with an external USB
      enclosure that houses 4 HDDs. One of the 4 I have formated ext3 and the
      other 3 are NTFS. When I log into the Administration section of the web
      management and go to the Shares tab I see ADMIN 1 and DISK 1 listed for
      the ext3 drive and HDD_1_2_1, HDD_1_3_1, and HDD_1_4_1 listed. I can
      browse the drives with no problems or anything, but what's bugging me
      is that everyting I turn on the Slug the HDD_1_x_1 shares are
      recreated. I now have a total of 6 entries for each of the three NTFS
      drives. How would I go about removing the duplicate shares? Since the
      drives are NTFS I can't do it through the web interface.

      -Thanks for the help
    • unwahooo
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2007
        I have figured out that both

        /etc/win_shares.info and
        /etc/samba/user_smb.conf

        contain the information regarding NTFS shares. After deleting the 14
        duplicate entries in these files, the web gui no longer lists my
        drives multiple times. Upon rebooting, as expected, the 3 drives
        that were listed were each duplicated again.

        Does anyone see any harm to either

        1) running a startup script that deletes these files (expecting them
        to be recreated upon boot if they don't exist)

        or

        2) wipe the contents of them clean (so the drives can be added as is
        currently being done)?

        And would someone be kind enough to write such a script for me as
        it's currently beyond by unix knowledge.

        Thanks,
        -Brian