Re: [nslu2-linux] Linksys NSS4000

  • Martin Michlmayr
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 11:28 AM
      * opt1m8l <leemason@...> [2007-04-03 10:13]:
      > Has anyone had any experience with the Linksys NSS4000. It is a 1U
      > box which looks as if it could be a "big brother" to the NSLU2. I
      > know that it runs a "version" of Linux but know nothing else. Does
      > anyone know if this could be flashed with a different version of
      > Linux as I suspect that the version installed is pretty stripped
      > down but would be interested in getting one.

      I briefly looked at their GPL sources the other day. From what I
      understand, this device is based on a RM7000 CPU from PCM-Sierra.
      Unfortuntely, it seems to me that their kernel sources are not
      complete since the patches to support this particular device are
      missing. At least I couldn't find them. I'd be really interested to
      hear more technical details about this device since it looks quite
      interesting.
      --
      Martin Michlmayr
      http://www.cyrius.com/