Linksys NSS4000

  • opt1m8l
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2007
      Has anyone had any experience with the Linksys NSS4000. It is a 1U box
      which looks as if it could be a "big brother" to the NSLU2. I know
      that it runs a "version" of Linux but know nothing else. Does anyone
      know if this could be flashed with a different version of Linux as I
      suspect that the version installed is pretty stripped down but would
      be interested in getting one.

      Thanks,

      Lee.
    • Martin Michlmayr
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2007
        * opt1m8l <leemason@...> [2007-04-03 10:13]:
        > Has anyone had any experience with the Linksys NSS4000. It is a 1U
        > box which looks as if it could be a "big brother" to the NSLU2. I
        > know that it runs a "version" of Linux but know nothing else. Does
        > anyone know if this could be flashed with a different version of
        > Linux as I suspect that the version installed is pretty stripped
        > down but would be interested in getting one.

        I briefly looked at their GPL sources the other day. From what I
        understand, this device is based on a RM7000 CPU from PCM-Sierra.
        Unfortuntely, it seems to me that their kernel sources are not
        complete since the patches to support this particular device are
        missing. At least I couldn't find them. I'd be really interested to
        hear more technical details about this device since it looks quite
        interesting.
        --
        Martin Michlmayr
        http://www.cyrius.com/