Re: [nslu2-linux] Mount Unslung drive on another PC?

  • Adam Ward
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
      On Monday 02 April 2007 19:03, tim_higgins13 wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > I've got an NSLU2 with a 320GB HDD that is unslung. I would like to
      > take the HDD away from the NSLU2 and plug it into another computer via
      > USB2.
      >
      > Will I be able to mount the drive in Windows? Can I just copy data
      > into /home/[username] and then take it back to the NSLU2 and boot it up?
      >
      > Will this work providing I dont mess with any of the files in the file
      > system?

      Short answer is yes, to my knowledge :)

      Depends on the file system and the version of Windows.
      If it's ext2/3 then there is a driver for the Windows NT stream (ie not
      win9x):
      http://gentoo-wiki.com/Ext3_in_windows
    • Chin Tong (SHOPTONG)
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
        I have tried, but could not get it to work.
        Case A)
        Unlung to a WD My Book Premium 500 GB HDD (using USB2)
        * plug-in to a Windows XP machine installed with: EXT2IFS
        (http://www.fs-driver.org/), could not read the HDD.
        * plug-in to my Debian machine, could not read the HDD

        I could get it to work with Debian/NSLU2
        Case B)
        Then I installed Debain/NSLU2 re-formate the HDD, plug-in to My Debian
        machine and it reads it just fine.