sane-find-scanner complains about libltdl.so.3

  • Adam Ward
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      I installed saned based on SetUpAScannerServerWithSANE:

      root@nas:/usr/share/libtool/libltdl# ipkg install saned
      Installing saned (1.0.15-r4) to root...
      Downloading
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugos-bag/cross/3.10-beta/saned_1.0.15-r4_armeb.ipk
      package libgphoto2 suggests installing gphoto2
      Installing libsane (1.0.15-r4) to root...
      Downloading
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugos-bag/cross/3.10-beta/libsane_1.0.15-r4_armeb.ipk
      Installing saned (1.0.15-r4) to root...
      Installing sane-utils (1.0.15-r4) to root...
      Downloading
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugos-bag/cross/3.10-beta/sane-utils_1.0.15-r4_armeb.ipk
      Installing libgphoto2 (2.3.1-1) to root...
      Downloading
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable//libgphoto2_2.3.1-1_armeb.ipk
      ipkg: (null): Bad address
      ipkg: (null): Bad address
      Configuring libgphoto2
      Configuring libsane
      Configuring sane-utils
      Configuring saned
      root@nas:/usr/share/libtool/libltdl# sane-find-scanner sane-find-scanner:
      error while loading shared libraries: libltdl.so.3: cannot open shared object
      file: No such file or directory
      root@nas:/usr/share/libtool/libltdl#

      According to the FreeRadius page, libtool needs to be installed.
      When I install it, ipkg says it's already there. As shown from the command
      history, I'm in the libtool directory.
      Also, the "bad address" - is that a bug ?
    • Adam Ward
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2007
        Using OpenSlug 3.10.
        The dependencies for saned are pulling this libtools:
        http://ipkgfind.nslu2-linux.org/details.php?package=libtool&id=7032814&official=
        version 1.5.10-r3
        the actual library is in the optware package:
        http://ipkgfind.nslu2-linux.org/details.php?package=libtool&id=7030536&official=
        version 1.5.10-2

        The first one appears to be designed for developers, containing a make file
        etc.
        If I try into install the optware package, it's downloaded but then ignored,
        and ipkg downloads/installs the first one.
      • Adam Ward
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2007
          Looks like it got fixed. I tried installing it again via URL, here's the
          output:

          root@nas:~# ipkg -V 3 install
          http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/libtool_1.5.10-2_armeb.ipk
          Downloading
          http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/libtool_1.5.10-2_armeb.ipk
          pkg_info_preinstall_check: updating arch priority for each package
          pkg_info_preinstall_check: update file owner list
          best installation candidate for libtool
          adding libtool to providers
          libtool arch=armeb arch_priority=16
          Found a valid candidate for the install: libtool
          arch armeb (priority 16) supported for pkg libtool
          Installing libtool (1.5.10-2) to root...
          Running script /tmp/ipkg-xWvduB/libtool-IIfB7X/preinst
          installing maintainer scripts
          installing data files
          extracting data files to /
          Calling pkg_write_filelist from install_data_files
          creating libtool.list file
          creating //usr/lib/ipkg/info/libtool.list file for pkg libtool
          resolving conf files
          pkg=libtool old_state_flag=190 state_flag=180
          cleanup temp files
          cleanup_temporary_files: pkg=libtool
          local_filename=/tmp/ipkg-xWvduB/libtool_1.5.10-2_armeb.ipk
          tmp_dir=/tmp/ipkg-xWvduB
          Done.
          Configuring unpacked packages
          Configuring libtool
          Running script //usr/lib/ipkg/info/libtool.postinst
          writing status file
          pkg_write_changed_filelists: saving changed filelists
          Calling pkg_write_filelist for pkg=libtool from pkg_write_changed_filelists
          creating libtool.list file
          creating //usr/lib/ipkg/info/libtool.list file for pkg libtool
          hash_table[pkg-hash] n_buckets=0 n_elements=183 max_conflicts=0 n_conflicts=0
          hash_table[file-hash] n_buckets=0 n_elements=7071 max_conflicts=0
          n_conflicts=0
          hash_table[obs-file-hash] n_buckets=0 n_elements=0 max_conflicts=0
          n_conflicts=0