Re: building for NSLU2 in Mac OSX ?

  • lyndon153
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "kvnmcgough" <kevin@m...> wrote:
      > I have not, but had been planning: I will let you know when I get
      > to "Hello World"
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lyndon153" <lvanwagn@r...> wrote:
      > > Hi everyone. I'm new to this group, so please be patient.
      > >
      > > I've been following Jim Buzbee's articles about the NSLU2. So far,
      > I've used his binary
      > > packages to set up NFS and iTunes (mt-daapd).
      > >
      > > However, now I'm at a loss when I want to set up my own development
      > area. I downloaded
      > > the toolchain Jim mentions, but have found out its for Intel based
      > Linux. And I'm running
      > > Mac OS X on a G4. Has anyone build a gcc cross-compiler and/or
      > toolchain for this
      > > platform ?
      > >
      > > Thanks.

      Kevin,

      Well, I've downloaded crosstool-0.28 and started building it for Mac.
      I've had to add a number of tools using commander fink : sed, libtool, autoconf.
      However, now I end up with a message stating that my LD and AS new to be newer.
      I've downloaded binutils from GNU & sourceforge, only to find out that it doesn't
      support MacOS X 10.3.5 . (I get a message from configure that says powerpc-apple-
      darwin7.5.0 isn't a known configuration.

      Do you have any idea of where to get newer ld & as or binutils from ?

      --Lyndon
    • kvnmcgough
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
        I have been waiting for my Access files from intel.... and haven't gotten to crosstool
        yet. I will let you know.

        My machine is an XPostFacto 10.2.8 G4 with Fink 0.6.3.... maybe I will get different
        mileage.