unslung ipkg patch.

  • gerlad_l_clark
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      The ipkg that is included in the current unslung build expects a tar
      that honors the -z option.
      The tar in the build does not.
      Without this tar, you cannot
      ipkg install busybox
      to get the new one.
      There is, however a zcat which can be used with the existing tar.
      The following patch uses zcat with the existing tar.

      Fix the line wrapping before applying patch.

      cybernet:/mnt/link/bin # diff ipkg ipkg.1
      727d726
      < local pkg_extract_stdout
      729c728,730
      < pkg_extract_stdout="tar -xzOf"
      ---
      > pkg_extract_stdout () {
      > zcat $1 | tar xOf - $2
      > }
      731c732,734
      < pkg_extract_stdout="ar p"
      ---
      > pkg_extract_stdout () {
      > ar p $1 $2
      > }
      763c766
      < if ! $pkg_extract_stdout $filename ./control.tar.gz | (cd
      $IPKG_TMP/$pkg/control; tar -xzf - ) ; then
      ---
      > if ! pkg_extract_stdout $filename ./control.tar.gz | (cd
      $IPKG_TMP/$pkg/control; zcat | tar -xf - ) ; then
      793c796
      < if ! $pkg_extract_stdout $filename ./data.tar.gz | (cd
      $IPKG_TMP/$pkg/data; tar -xzf - ) ; then
      ---
      > if ! pkg_extract_stdout $filename ./data.tar.gz | (cd
      $IPKG_TMP/$pkg/data; zcat | tar -xf - ) ; then
      864c867
      < $pkg_extract_stdout $filename ./data.tar.gz | tar tzf - | sed
      -e 's/^\.//' > $info_dir/$pkg.list
      ---
      > pkg_extract_stdout $filename ./data.tar.gz | zcat | tar tf - |
      sed -e 's/^\.//' > $info_dir/$pkg.list

      ---------------------
    • rwhitby
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
        On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:01:42 -0000, gerlad_l_clark
        <gerald_clark@...> wrote:

        > The ipkg that is included in the current unslung build expects a tar
        > that honors the -z option.
        > The tar in the build does not.
        > Without this tar, you cannot
        > ipkg install busybox
        > to get the new one.

        The "slingbox" executable (which is a minimal busybox) is in the
        unslung ramdisk, and contains a tar which honors the -z option.
        slingbox is designed to contain everything needed to unsling an nslu2,
        and to download packages with ipkg.

        -- Rod
      • rwhitby
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
          On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:25:49 -0500, Gerald L. Clark
          <gerald_clark@...> wrote:
          > True if you download the 1.11 beta image.
          > If you are building from oe, then slingbox from sometime last week did
          > not honor -z, and last nights build did not include it or ipkg at all.
          > 2.0 beta is not yet working.

          There is no 2.x beta - 2.x is in very early alpha, and yes, it doesn't
          yet contain a slingbox replacement (the OE build of Unslung 2.x-alpha
          has never contained a slingbox).

          Note that Unslung 1.11-beta is the recommended version for anyone who
          is not directly assisting in getting 2.x-alpha to work ... and if you
          wish to directly assist in getting 2.x-alpha to work, then the place
          to be is on the IRC channel. If you wish to participate on the IRC
          channel and need access to a HTTP to IRC gateway, then contact me.

          -- Rod
        • Gerald L. Clark
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004