Re: rsync file size limit

  • dyoung8888
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
      > i did the update to 2.6.3 in cvs and i also successfully
      transfered a 2.6gb
      > file. unfortunately busybox seems to have a problem with such big
      files. ls
      > and rm doesn't seem to work via ssh/telnet.

      I modified the busybox config in cvs a couple weeks ago to include
      CONFIG_LFS to address the problem.
    • 7tronics Plc, M Smith
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2004
        Does this mean the latest update package to busybox (dated 2004-09-27)
        should include large file support ?

        Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888" <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:

        > I modified the busybox config in cvs a couple weeks ago to include
        > CONFIG_LFS to address the problem.
      • gollum211
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "7tronics Plc, M Smith"
          <ee6bsdh02@s...> wrote:

          > Does this mean the latest update package to busybox (dated 2004-09-27)
          > should include large file support ?

          This thread was more for RSYNC... And the last time I tried the ipkg
          package of rsync it was version 2.6.2 and you could not rsync files
          above 2G to the NSLU2. Benjamin Zeiss who I guess you would consider
          the maintainer of the Rsync package and CVS source did update CVS with
          rsync 2.6.3 that does support large files.

          I had to download and compile the CVS source for rsync 2.6.3 to get a
          16.2G avi file on to the NSLU2. I could also mount the NSLU2 in
          Windows and copy the file over, but I needed a way to automate the
          process with Linux. All seem to be working just fine!

          I have not touched upgrading busybox, I simply run unslung 1.11beta
          with rsync --daemon, and it seems to be working fine with large files.
        • Bengali Bengali
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 7, 2004
            On my side rsync 2.6.3 (obtained with ipkg) in daemon mode is now
            able to receive files >2Go. ( Thanks for the maintainer)
            But, "ls" command of busybox on my NSLU2 unslung 1.11 was unable to
            display the size of the files > 2Go. I have tested it with the
            original busybox of unslung 1.11 and with the last busybox package of
            the repository this morning.

            Since, I can see the files > 2Go through samba , it's really not a big
            issue for me.
            Having the ability to backup my machines with rsync was my only
            concern. Thanks again
            for those who work on unslung and its tools.