Re: ftpd configuration

  • andreas_baumunk@yahoo.de
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mrthreeplates"
      <mrthreeplates@y...> wrote:
      > > by the way ... when i startup the daemon and try to get a
      connection
      > > to it it takes very long before the ftpd answers and asks for a
      > > username. is this because i havent done any configuration yet?
      any
      > > other idea?
      >
      > I've noticed this too. Don't know why it happens. Could be
      > a bug, misconfiguration or a simple security feature. You could try
      > to use strace on ftpd to debug it. strace is also in the romfs
      > tar file that I've uploaded.

      I saw this on my box, too. Finally, I found out that the mac address
      filtering I setup on my wlan router/switch (SMC 2804) was the reason.
      Then I just added the mac address of the NSLU2 and it worked well
      afterwards.

      -Andreas
    • mrthreeplates
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, andreas_baumunk@y... wrote:
        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mrthreeplates"
        > <mrthreeplates@y...> wrote:
        > > > by the way ... when i startup the daemon and try to get a
        > connection
        > > > to it it takes very long before the ftpd answers and asks for a
        > > > username. is this because i havent done any configuration yet?
        > any
        > > > other idea?
        > >
        > > I've noticed this too. Don't know why it happens. Could be
        > > a bug, misconfiguration or a simple security feature. You could try
        > > to use strace on ftpd to debug it. strace is also in the romfs
        > > tar file that I've uploaded.
        >
        > I saw this on my box, too. Finally, I found out that the mac address
        > filtering I setup on my wlan router/switch (SMC 2804) was the reason.
        > Then I just added the mac address of the NSLU2 and it worked well
        > afterwards.
        >
        > -Andreas

        Interesting! I don't have MAC filtering on (and never did), yet
        I had the problem. However, I just checked it (ftp) again and it
        seems to no longer have the delay. Wierd...

        Glad you found a solution that works for you.

        George