Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: rsync file size limit

  • Benjamin
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
      hi,

      On Thursday 30 September 2004 22:11, gollum211 wrote:
      > Did up update the ipkg or just post the patch? I just downloaded
      > rsync today a still have the large file problems. After I downloaded
      > the patch I went after the source code for 2.6.2 and found that a
      > newer version is out... 2.6.3. Any chance on begging you to package
      > the new one?

      i did the update to 2.6.3 in cvs and i also successfully transfered a 2.6gb
      file. unfortunately busybox seems to have a problem with such big files. ls
      and rm doesn't seem to work via ssh/telnet.

      ben
    • dyoung8888
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
        > i did the update to 2.6.3 in cvs and i also successfully
        transfered a 2.6gb
        > file. unfortunately busybox seems to have a problem with such big
        files. ls
        > and rm doesn't seem to work via ssh/telnet.

        I modified the busybox config in cvs a couple weeks ago to include
        CONFIG_LFS to address the problem.
      • 7tronics Plc, M Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2004
          Does this mean the latest update package to busybox (dated 2004-09-27)
          should include large file support ?

          Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888" <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:

          > I modified the busybox config in cvs a couple weeks ago to include
          > CONFIG_LFS to address the problem.
        • gollum211
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "7tronics Plc, M Smith"
            <ee6bsdh02@s...> wrote:

            > Does this mean the latest update package to busybox (dated 2004-09-27)
            > should include large file support ?

            This thread was more for RSYNC... And the last time I tried the ipkg
            package of rsync it was version 2.6.2 and you could not rsync files
            above 2G to the NSLU2. Benjamin Zeiss who I guess you would consider
            the maintainer of the Rsync package and CVS source did update CVS with
            rsync 2.6.3 that does support large files.

            I had to download and compile the CVS source for rsync 2.6.3 to get a
            16.2G avi file on to the NSLU2. I could also mount the NSLU2 in
            Windows and copy the file over, but I needed a way to automate the
            process with Linux. All seem to be working just fine!

            I have not touched upgrading busybox, I simply run unslung 1.11beta
            with rsync --daemon, and it seems to be working fine with large files.
          • Bengali Bengali
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 7, 2004
              On my side rsync 2.6.3 (obtained with ipkg) in daemon mode is now
              able to receive files >2Go. ( Thanks for the maintainer)
              But, "ls" command of busybox on my NSLU2 unslung 1.11 was unable to
              display the size of the files > 2Go. I have tested it with the
              original busybox of unslung 1.11 and with the last busybox package of
              the repository this morning.

              Since, I can see the files > 2Go through samba , it's really not a big
              issue for me.
              Having the ability to backup my machines with rsync was my only
              concern. Thanks again
              for those who work on unslung and its tools.