Re: [nslu2-linux] PCB Size?

  • Tom Talpey
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
      At 03:46 PM 3/2/2007, lpcarmed wrote:
      >I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?

      Including the connectors (which extend slightly from one
      side), the PCB is 3.5"x4.5".

      Tom.
    • lpcarmed
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
        By looking at a battery and measuring the pictures on the screen I
        guesstimated the PCB to be 4.2"x3", that would fit just right to the
        Bud Industries PN-1338-C box. Will post a pic when done.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Brian Wood <beww@...> wrote:

        > On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:46 PM, lpcarmed wrote:
        >
        > > I'm going to order an NSLU2 and mount the PCB into a box like
        this:
        > > http://www.ourcoolhouse.com/WEL/WEL_in_box.jpg
        > > I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?
        > >
        > The outside of the unit is (according to spec) 5.31" x 3.78", the
        > board is slightly smaller than that.
        >
        > You'll also need access to the USB, ethernet and power connectors,
        > and a way to get at the reset switch for easy flashing, though you
        > could of course remote all that stuff.
        >
        > Shouldn't you figure out if it fits before stating that you are
        going
        > to mount it in that box ? :-)
        >
        > Nice box though.

      • Mike (mwester)
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
          Ok, you made me disassemble my testslug.

          4.52 +- .02 inches by 3.35 +- .02 inches as best as my old eyes and my
          ancient college architectural ruler can measure it.
          (3.50 +- .04 inches if you include the protruding USB connectors)
          Anyone with calipers care to measure more closely?

          Mike (mwester)