Re: [nslu2-linux] PCB Size?

  • Tom Talpey
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
      At 03:46 PM 3/2/2007, lpcarmed wrote:
      >I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?

      Including the connectors (which extend slightly from one
      side), the PCB is 3.5"x4.5".

      Tom.
    • Brian Wood
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
        On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:46 PM, lpcarmed wrote:

        > I'm going to order an NSLU2 and mount the PCB into a box like this:
        > http://www.ourcoolhouse.com/WEL/WEL_in_box.jpg
        > I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?

        The outside of the unit is (according to spec) 5.31" x 3.78", the
        board is slightly smaller than that.

        You'll also need access to the USB, ethernet and power connectors,
        and a way to get at the reset switch for easy flashing, though you
        could of course remote all that stuff.

        Shouldn't you figure out if it fits before stating that you are going
        to mount it in that box ? :-)

        Nice box though.
      • lpcarmed
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
          By looking at a battery and measuring the pictures on the screen I
          guesstimated the PCB to be 4.2"x3", that would fit just right to the
          Bud Industries PN-1338-C box. Will post a pic when done.

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Brian Wood <beww@...> wrote:

          > On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:46 PM, lpcarmed wrote:
          >
          > > I'm going to order an NSLU2 and mount the PCB into a box like
          this:
          > > http://www.ourcoolhouse.com/WEL/WEL_in_box.jpg
          > > I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?
          > >
          > The outside of the unit is (according to spec) 5.31" x 3.78", the
          > board is slightly smaller than that.
          >
          > You'll also need access to the USB, ethernet and power connectors,
          > and a way to get at the reset switch for easy flashing, though you
          > could of course remote all that stuff.
          >
          > Shouldn't you figure out if it fits before stating that you are
          going
          > to mount it in that box ? :-)
          >
          > Nice box though.

        • Mike (mwester)
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
            Ok, you made me disassemble my testslug.

            4.52 +- .02 inches by 3.35 +- .02 inches as best as my old eyes and my
            ancient college architectural ruler can measure it.
            (3.50 +- .04 inches if you include the protruding USB connectors)
            Anyone with calipers care to measure more closely?

            Mike (mwester)