PCB Size?

  • lpcarmed
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2 12:46 PM
      I'm going to order an NSLU2 and mount the PCB into a box like this:
      http://www.ourcoolhouse.com/WEL/WEL_in_box.jpg
      I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?

      Thanks,
      Gabe
    • Tom Talpey
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2 3:13 PM
        At 03:46 PM 3/2/2007, lpcarmed wrote:
        >I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?

        Including the connectors (which extend slightly from one
        side), the PCB is 3.5"x4.5".

        Tom.
      • Brian Wood
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2 3:21 PM
          On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:46 PM, lpcarmed wrote:

          > I'm going to order an NSLU2 and mount the PCB into a box like this:
          > http://www.ourcoolhouse.com/WEL/WEL_in_box.jpg
          > I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?

          The outside of the unit is (according to spec) 5.31" x 3.78", the
          board is slightly smaller than that.

          You'll also need access to the USB, ethernet and power connectors,
          and a way to get at the reset switch for easy flashing, though you
          could of course remote all that stuff.

          Shouldn't you figure out if it fits before stating that you are going
          to mount it in that box ? :-)

          Nice box though.
        • lpcarmed
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2 4:11 PM
            By looking at a battery and measuring the pictures on the screen I
            guesstimated the PCB to be 4.2"x3", that would fit just right to the
            Bud Industries PN-1338-C box. Will post a pic when done.

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Brian Wood <beww@...> wrote:

            > On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:46 PM, lpcarmed wrote:
            >
            > > I'm going to order an NSLU2 and mount the PCB into a box like
            this:
            > > http://www.ourcoolhouse.com/WEL/WEL_in_box.jpg
            > > I wonder if it fits - what's the size of the PCB?
            > >
            > The outside of the unit is (according to spec) 5.31" x 3.78", the
            > board is slightly smaller than that.
            >
            > You'll also need access to the USB, ethernet and power connectors,
            > and a way to get at the reset switch for easy flashing, though you
            > could of course remote all that stuff.
            >
            > Shouldn't you figure out if it fits before stating that you are
            going
            > to mount it in that box ? :-)
            >
            > Nice box though.

          • Mike (mwester)
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2 5:03 PM
              Ok, you made me disassemble my testslug.

              4.52 +- .02 inches by 3.35 +- .02 inches as best as my old eyes and my
              ancient college architectural ruler can measure it.
              (3.50 +- .04 inches if you include the protruding USB connectors)
              Anyone with calipers care to measure more closely?

              Mike (mwester)