Debian: How long does booting take?

  • johannes
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007

      I am considering to install Debian on my nslu2 as soon as the rc2
      installer is available. I am however new to nslu2, so I would like to
      know:

      Is the NSLU2 fast enough to handle a full Debian system? E.g. how long
      does your nslu2 take to boot?

      thanks, Johannes
    • bernied
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2007
        Mine is running an install built by a recent daily image of the Debian
        installer. It took almost exactly 2 minutes from pressing the power button
        to being allowed ssh access. It's not underclocked - it runs at 266 MHz.