Re: [nslu2-linux] vsftpd not installed properly

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28 9:51 AM
      In message <es42pd+tp48@...>, rob19815
      <robanderson78@...> writes
      >I'm having major problems now with vsftpd.
      >

      >I've installed the package, edited the /etc/inetd.conf to remove the
      >bftpd reference, when I reboot it adds the following line to the
      >inetd.conf and does not allow ftp access.
      >
      >ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/bftpd
      >
      >I edit out the line, and then run /etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd, voila the ftp
      >server comes up and it is accessible.
      >
      >When I reboot the slug, the line referring to bftpd comes back again!
      >Any idea?!

      You could create a script that runs before the default inetd starts, to
      delete the ftp config line.

      Something like (note - that this is untested, you will need to test
      this and tweak if necessary :-

      sed -i -e '/ftp stream tcp nowait root
      \/usr\/sbin\/bftpd/d' /etc/inetd.conf

      Or better still install the better Optware Xinetd package. It disables
      the default inetd during installation and is pre-configured to allow
      Telnet access.

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA