Re: [nslu2-linux] Default Unslung Password

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2007
      > Now my original root was /dev/sdb1 too, as shown by the existence of
      > the .sdb1root file. So how come it doesn't work? When I reboot with the
      new
      > Disk 1 and the old Disk 2, my root password doesn't work and the shares
      are not
      > there.
      >
      > Any thoughts?

      You've fallen victim to the "two native drives on Unslung" problem.
      Depending on the sequence that got you to this point, the solution will
      vary -- it's not very stable unless you installed and unslung to Disk 1
      first, then added Disk 2. This problem is referenced here:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/WhichUSBPortforUnslung6

      > > If not, there's no reason you can't just reflash.
      >
      > By the way, if I choose to do this, is there a reason why I shouldn't use
      the
      > web interface? Bearing in mind that the slug is already unslung. This
      page:
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/InstallUnslungFirmware
      > suggests that I shouldn't do that, but why is that?

      It's a bug; the "upgrade" web page was inadvertantly left in the GUI;
      there's no functional code to do anything behind it.
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/KnownProblems

      Mike (mwester)
    • dave nash
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2007
        Mike,

        > You've fallen victim to the "two native drives on Unslung" problem.
        > Depending on the sequence that got you to this point, the solution will
        > vary -- it's not very stable unless you installed and unslung to Disk 1
        > first, then added Disk 2.

        Well, I can try re-adding Disk 2 as a new one since there's not much on it. I'm
        confused because it was working with both native disks before, unslung to Disk
        1. Yet simply replacing Disk 1 with a new one fails? Weird.

        Thanks for your help.

        Dave
        --
        http://www.davesastro.co.uk