Is My Flash Drive Toast?

  • eap_fox
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      My Slug running OpenSlug has a a 2GB flash drive as it's main (only)
      drive. All has been fine for many months then today after a power
      down. On rebooting the system I don't see the flash drive but I do
      see the following from dmesg:

      sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sda
      Vendor: SanDisk Model: U3 Titanium Rev: 2.18
      Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
      usb-storage: device scan complete
      VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev sda1.
      FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems,
      filesystem will be case sensitive!
      FAT: invalid media value (0xf7)
      VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sda1.
      The disk was formated ext3 and mounted with the noatime option.

      Ironicaly the power down was to install a UPS as we have been having a
      number of power outages lately.

      Is my drive toast?
      Any thoughts?

      Thanks