Unslinging problem!

  • jrudner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hello,

      I just used the Sercomm Upgrade Utility to fix my slug, and now when I try
      to unsling disk 2, it says that the disk has already been unslung. Then,
      when I check the webpage at 192.168.1.77, it says that it is running off
      internal flash, even after I do a reboot.

      And suggestions on how I can proceed?

      Thanks for any help,

      JRudner
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
        Without knowing the circumstances around this situation, I'm guessing that
        you are trying to return your system to the unslung state.

        If you just wish for the device to boot from the disk, then you need to boot
        from flash, and do either:
        touch /.sda1root
        or
        touch /.sdb1root

        Which one to use depends on the port the disk is plugged into, and should
        match the same file on the disk itself.

        If, on the other hand, you wish to re-unsling to the disk, you can forcibly
        do so by booting from flash, connecting the disk, and removing the .sda1root
        or .sdb1root file manually. If it continues to complain, you should also
        delete the .unslung file. However, unslinging to anything but a virgin disk
        is a bit risky, as you really don't know what you'll end up with.

        A little more background might be helpful...

        Mike (mwester)