Memory tester?

  • Ramiro Barreiro
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
      my slug is oopsing under heavy cpu load and different circumstances,
      in a non repeatable way. I suspect of bad RAM, but can't find something
      like memtest86 for ARM. Is there such a thing out there?

      Thanks
      Ramiro
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2007
        On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 13:40 +0000, Ramiro Barreiro wrote:
        > Hi,
        > my slug is oopsing under heavy cpu load and different circumstances,
        > in a non repeatable way. I suspect of bad RAM, but can't find
        > something like memtest86 for ARM. Is there such a thing out there?

        Memtest86 is really very x86 specifiek because it can boot as
        independent test program.

        I have found a runtime testing program "memtester" which runs
        as a normal program in user space. This program is able to test
        a part of the memory.

        I have added this program to optware and it should appear to
        in the normal repositories.

        --
        marceln
      • Ramiro Barreiro
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2007
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

          > I have found a runtime testing program "memtester" which runs
          > as a normal program in user space. This program is able to test
          > a part of the memory.

          Thank you Marcel, that is what I was looking for.

          > I have added this program to optware and it should appear to
          > in the normal repositories.

          Thank you for sending me your package, but forgot to say I'm running
          debian. There is a memtester debian package but is pretty outdated, so
          I compiled the latest version (4.0.6). It's running now, if it can
          find a bad page perhaps I could try the badram kernel patch.

          Thank you
          Ramiro