Re: [nslu2-linux] Unslung miscompare

  • rwhitby
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2004
      On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:04:18 -0000, gdrjr71 <roberts@...> wrote:
      > I recently downloaded the crosscompile tools and compiled the latest
      > version of unslung from source. No errors were seen, and everything
      > was smooth. I expected the resultant file to be the same as the
      > prepackaged firmware .bin, but a binary diff shows that they miscompare.
      >
      > Is this to be expected? Is it possible that what I made would still
      > work? Thanks!

      Due to ramdisk file dates changing, you will never get the same binary file.

      Make sure you have verified telnet redboot access before burning an
      untested firmware file. It should be fine if there were no errors in
      the beta test build, but it is not guaranteed in any way. We have had
      alpha test builds in the past which had no errors, but didn't boot.