Re: [nslu2-linux] kernel 2.6.18-4 in Debian unstable

  • Aaron Wolfe
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 4:29 PM
      2.6.18-4 has fixed the very annoying disconnects I was experiencing when on unreliable (i.e. wireless) networks.  Highly recommended if you've been having trouble retrieving large files from the slug or skipping around in video playback etc.

      -Aaron

      On 2/1/07, Thomas Böhne <tobox@...> wrote:

      This morning I have realized that 2.6.18-4 finally made it into unstable
      in Debian. All the problems that I used to have with 2.6.18-3 seem to be
      gone, including the endianess problems with tcpdump. So if you are having
      trouble with stalling network connections, capturing packets or network
      timeouts, I suggest you upgrade to the new kernel.

      Greetings,
      Thomas

    • Martin Michlmayr
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2 1:14 AM
        * Tom Curran <narrucmot@...> [2007-02-01 19:09]:
        > What is the best way to install the new kernel? Where can I get it?
        > Can it be done with apt-get?

        You could do:

        wget http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.18-4-ixp4xx_2.6.18.dfsg.1-9_arm.deb
        sudo dpkg -i linux-image-2.6.18-4-ixp4xx_2.6.18.dfsg.1-9_arm.deb

        --
        Martin Michlmayr
        http://www.cyrius.com/
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2 12:51 PM
          Thank you! That was about 10 times and easy and painless as I thought
          it would be!