Re: [nslu2-linux] kernel 2.6.18-4 in Debian unstable

  • Tom Curran
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      What is the best way to install the new kernel? Where can I get it?
      Can it be done with apt-get?

      --Tom

      Thomas Böhne wrote:

      > This morning I have realized that 2.6.18-4 finally made it into unstable
      > in Debian. All the problems that I used to have with 2.6.18-3 seem to be
      > gone, including the endianess problems with tcpdump. So if you are having
      > trouble with stalling network connections, capturing packets or network
      > timeouts, I suggest you upgrade to the new kernel.
      >
      > Greetings,
      > Thomas

    • Aaron Wolfe

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
          * Tom Curran <narrucmot@...> [2007-02-01 19:09]:
          > What is the best way to install the new kernel? Where can I get it?
          > Can it be done with apt-get?

          You could do:

          wget http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.18-4-ixp4xx_2.6.18.dfsg.1-9_arm.deb
          sudo dpkg -i linux-image-2.6.18-4-ixp4xx_2.6.18.dfsg.1-9_arm.deb

          --
          Martin Michlmayr
          http://www.cyrius.com/
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
            Thank you! That was about 10 times and easy and painless as I thought
            it would be!